Best accommodation deals
affordable accommodation in Auckland & beyond
A good night's sleep means you are well-rested for next day's rally action! Finding cheap yet good accommodation is easy.
Counting Down to the Rally of New Zealand
it's time to book your accommodation
Now is the best time to book your accommodation. You don't want to miss out!
Find your accommodation in Auckland
get ready for the Rally of New Zealand
There are lots of good and affordable accommodation options in Auckland, the City of Sails... Or the city of petrol heads because that is what it'll soon be. Check out the map below and find good accommodation that suits your budget. Or keep reading for tips about how to find the lowest-priced accommodation.
Where to stay in Auckland?
tips to pick the best area for your trip
- CBD - Central Business District is close to the fan zone and service park at Silo Park and Wynyard Quarter.
- Victoria Park Area - close to Wynyard Quarter (fan zone & service park) and just as close to Ponsonby.
- Ponsonby - various craft beer bars and the famous food halls: International Food Court and Ponsonby Central.
- Mt Eden - mellow yet fun vibe, great place for breakfast and good coffee
- Parnell - area of Auckland with lots of nice boutique shops.
- New Market - shop, shop, shop at the upgraded Westfield shopping centre.
To name a few of the popular areas of Auckland and perfect for fans of the Rally of New Zealand. You can't go wrong with accommodation in the central areas of Auckland city. It is easy to get around, either by car or public transport.
Fun things to see & do in Auckland
the show never stops in the City of Sails
When the drivers are done with the challenges and stages of the day, your day won't end. The show never stops in Auckland, there is so much to do and see. From fine dining to wine or craft beer tastings. You will have a great time in Auckland.
How to find the best accommodation deals in Auckland
Auckland is the gateway to New Zealand. Lots of airlines have a regular service to Auckland International airport, which means plenty of choices. And the same goes for accommodation.
Auckland has a wide range of accommodation options available, from simple hostels to luxurious hotels... And everything in between. Many hotel brands have at least one hotel in Auckland. This means there is plenty of choice in finding accommodation that fits your travel plans and budget.
WRC Rally fans from all over the world will flock to Auckland, so here are our top tips to find good & cheap accommodation in Auckland.
- Be flexible - even though Auckland is a fairly big city, it is still easy to get around. There are plenty of bus & train options but also hire bikes and e-scooters on a pay-as-you-go plan. So even if you select accommodation next to the fan zone & service park, you are still pretty close by.
- Don't wait too long - the more WRC Rally fans will finalise their travel plans and start booking, the more of the cheap hotel options or accommodation deals will be gone. Prices do go up when the WRC Rally of New Zealand start date gets closer and closer. Especially because there are more things to do and see in Auckland than just the WRC Rally. Locals will go to gigs, book a weekend getaway to have fun in the city etc.
- Some cheap options are gone forever - COVID-19 has had its impact on the travel & tourism sector in New Zealand. Various hostels in Auckland had to close their doors forever. There is still heaps of choice in all price ranges, but the total availability of rooms has changed in Auckland. Book your Auckland. accommodation in time.